If you’ve ever been in that situation where you’re rooting in your bag for your inhaler, or forget to take it with you, then this pattern is for you.
The inhalercover fits snuggly over your inhaler and attaches to your keysor bag. It’s best to use a cotton or bamboo yarn because they don’t fluff, breathing in fluff while using an inhaler sort of defeats the object!
I used Sirdar Baby Bamboo yarn and a 3mm hook, I also wrote the pattern in US terms but since its mostly single crochet (double crochet in UK) it shouldn’t be a problem.
Working in a continuous round, Chain 4.
1) sc in 2nd chain from hook, sc in next ch, 3sc in last. Now working on the other side of the chain 1sc in next, 2sc in last (8)
2) (3sc in next, 1sc in next 3) x 4 (16)
3) 1sc, (3sc in next, 1sc in next 3) x 3, 3sc in next, 1sc in next 2 (24)
4) BLO, sc around
5-9) sc around in both loops
10) sc in next 13, ch 1, turn
You are now working in rows along the back of the cover
11-15) sc in next 12, ch1, turn (12)
16) sc in next 12, ch 12 (24)
17) being careful not to twist the chain, join chain with a sc to first sc of row 16. You are now working in rounds again.
sc in each sc and ch around (24)
18-31) sc around
32) (sc in next 4, sc2tog) x 4 (20)
33) sc around to the back of the cover, ch4, sc in the next sc (this creates a loop to hang a clip or key ring) slst in next sc, FO.
Just a little pattern I thought I’d share with you all.
8 thoughts on “Inhaler Cover Pattern”
I think you have a mistake in Rnd 2. You can’t repeat it four times only two and that doesn’t get (18) total Sc. Please fix it.
Hi. Do you have any tutorial on how to make this? Like, I’ve been trying to understand the pattern but I just couldn’t. Hope you’ll notice my message. Thank you.
I don’t, I wrote the pattern so long ago that I haven’t made it in a long time. Is there a part of it you’re not understanding?
Hi, how do you work round 2? The only way I could work 3sc in 1st sc x4 around, was to work only 1sc between each, ‘not 1sc in next 3sc’ to come up with 16 sts at end. Thanks
Renay, sorry I’ve not responded yet. I wrote the pattern some time ago and haven’t made it for a while. I will, at some point, write the pattern out again… Properly.
I had a glance at the pattern and am not sure which is correct, but I will work it out and let you know soon.
Been looking for some thing like this. Ty for your pattern looks lovely going to try to make tonight.
I think you are an angel in disguise. This is a life saving idea! Keep up the good work.
Thank you. You have no idea how much I needed your lovely comment today.